Tuesday, January 26, 2010

success and never again

Our first weekend getaway was a success. Ian slept for most part of the way he awoke in need of a bottle about an hr from our destination. So I reached around from the front seat to the back seat and popped it in. Since we were driving he had to stay in his car seat which means he couldn't be burped which meant he was very gassy come bedtime and didn't sleep as well as he would have if burping could have been done. While he was eating I thought this a perfect time to my stuff ready so i can pump. I start digging around in the bag and realize i forgot to pack the breast shields which are quite necessary when it comes to pumping. No shields means no pumping which equals agony for me!!! Now you're probably thinking stop on your way down and pick some up well that is easier said then done when you take a bunch of 2 lane country roads to get down there. We don't take 31 except to get out of town other that we are on what I mentioned before 2 lane country roads with corn fields on both sides of us, thanks to my dad for finding this route (excellent I knew I would be able to put the blame on someone else). We decided that once we get into Brownsburg Marcus will drop me, Ian and our stuff off and he will go to the Wal-Mart in town to get said breast shields. Excellent I may get some releif soon the last time I pumped was around 4:30p and it is now 8 something. Marcus returns empty handed they don't sell the pump or products for the pump that we own. Lovely, I remember that Target does and Babies R Us does, only 1 problem it is now almost 9 and we need to eat the dinner his sister and Grant made and Target closes at 10 and the closest Target is about 15min away if you know where you're going. And babies r us is out of the question as the closest one is about 30min away. Gaaahhh...well i go onto plan b have Ian latch on, sounds easy right? The last time we tried this he was still in the NICU and just as we were going to try I got a call that I needed to be in my hospital room so my doc could discharge me. I was able to get him to latch on for a little while on both sides so I got some relief, we did this again in the middle of night and come 8am you can bet I was ready to get to Target. We took the pump with us so I could pump on the way home, I filled 2 5oz bottles in a matter of minutes and felt so much better. The only bad thing is that b/c of waiting so long to do so I compromised my supply so since Saturday I've been pumping like a mad woman trying to get my supply back up recall we're gonna try to do this for 1yr (49wks left).

That was 1 never again the 2nd never agsin is the childrens museum on a Saturday on top of not a good nights sleep leaving 1 to be prone to headaches. We all enjoyed it and liked different parts they had a Barbie exhibit showcasing all barbies thoughout the years it was neat to see them all and be able to pick out ones that Jennifer and I each had while growing up (I still have all mine they are dressed with their hair done packed up and stored at my parents) We weren't so much fans of all the children running around and screaming Yes, I know we went to a childrens museum, and we will go back again just during a week day when more children are in school.

Overall we had a good time and I will never leave home for more than 3hrs without my breast pump and shields!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment