Tuesday, January 5, 2010

not sure what to title it...

We all survived our fist night together, Ian woke up about every 3hrs hungry for a bottle and in need of diaper change. I did the 3a and 6a feedings and Marcus did the 9p and 12p feedings he was finding homes for all the gifts that the members from my work had given us. While he was finding homes for the homeless items I was holding Ian while working. Earlier in the day before finding out that Ian would be coming home I had committed myself to entering the month end reports online for work and since I'm one who rarely backs out of a commitment I got it all completed just took a little longer then if both hands were available but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Ian's room is slowly coming together. When we found out we were expecting I started looking into baby bedding and was not happy with the choices in the stores so I expanded my search to etsy.com and found some fabric I liked but I disliked the price. I was talking to my Aunt Judi regarding it and she graciously offered her sewing services to us. With the task at hand fabric shopping had started, decisions were made and fabric was being purchased. I can't wait to see it all completed the valances were brought over today:



Pics of the bedding (skirt, bumpers and quilt will soon follow. We have the bumpers but I'm going to make you wait to see that until the whole thing is put together. We have a lot going on in our family right now. My cousin and his wife are as I type in the hospital waiting for their bundle of joy to arrive. She is 1wk past her due date and went into be induced this AM. So we are playing the waiting game once again except I'm on the other side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment