Friday, January 22, 2010

Road Tripper

We are getting ready for our first road trip and weekend getaway with Ian. We are headed down to Brownsburg which is a town west of Indy to visit Marcus' sister (Jennifer) and brother in-law (Grant). We were suppose to go down for Christmas but my docs put big red denied stamp on that idea so here we are a month later taking the trek down. I may end up having to us my dad's connection at Ryder Truck Rental and getting us a moving truck for the weekend. Ian may be little but he requires a lof of stuff.

Now some of you may be thinking you're leaving home and he's only 3wks old?? Yes, we are leaving home with a 3wk old and we neither one of us thought twice about. We knew we would do it eventually, and there's no time like the present. Just because we had a baby doesn't mean our lives as a family get put on hold. My parents followed the same policy, I wouldn't put it past them that they didn't go to my mom's 6wk check-up with the car loaded to head up to their place up north at Silver Lake as I was on the beach when I was 6wks old. And the only reason they probably waited the 6wks b/c back them doc's put some crazy discharge orders on new mommas (they weren't allowed to drive for 6wks) crazy! They also enrolled my sister in morning kindergarten so that way on Friday's they could hit the road by lunch time to get up north and start the weekend.

What do plan on doing while down there?? Well we plan on eating, sharing in good conversation, making fun of me, and we're going to check out the Children's Muesum I haven't been there since I was super duper little, and Marcus and his sister don't remember ever going. I was checking out their website yesterday and I'm pretty pumped. I'm not one for muesums I dislike all educational adventures, but give me something hands on and I'm all about it. Who knows this could be one of our new tradition that once a year on one of our many trips to the Indy area we go to the Children's Muesum.

2 comments:

  1. I'm telling you I love that place (Indy and the Children's Museum;) P.S. Don't go anywhere near downtown on Sunday, hello GAMEDAY!!!! Go Colts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Children's Museum is awesome! We took Sharkboy and he loved it. Great tradition to start.

    ReplyDelete