Wednesday, February 3, 2010

the other children

A week before we got married in aug 2006 marcus called me and told me to meet him at our house. I show up and he meets me outside and tells me to open the door I follow his instructions and out runs this:

This is Kota Dog her real name is Dakota she is beagle coonhound mix which means her sniffer is constantly going. She's a cuddler and loves herself a nice comfy bed. She only barks if someone walks by our house and she is outside she very rarely barks inside. She likes to go for car rides and go on walks. I started taking her running with me and she just doesn't have the concept to pace herself. She starts out super fast pulling me along and by mile 4 I'm practically dragging her home. One would think that she would remember how the run went the previous day and she wouldn't want to go the next but apparently she has short term memory loss. She was our only child up until Marcus' sister and brother in-law started fostering dogs in 2008 and we meet Lexus:

She is a 3yr old boxer mix who was found running around the Indy/Avon area with ouchies on her and super skinny. She was placed in a shelter and was there for 6 mos with no interest due to her being super scared of people then a rescue group adopted her before she was put to sleep and then she was placed at my sister in-laws for fostering. It was decided that she was abused and more than likely abused by a male as she is was very unsure of males. They brought her up with them one weekend and after seeing those sad eyes we couldn't let just anyone adopt her so we did. She quickly adjusted to life with us. At first she wouldn't put her tail up bu within a few days her tail was up and constantly wagging. She still scares easily and when she goes on runs with me if a male is across the street she wants out of the person site ASAP so I always hope we don't see any males at the beginning of our run cause that is quite the warm up. She never had issues with Marcus although she is without a doubt my dog. She's constantly under my foot and must know where I'm at at all times.

Lexus and Kota Dog get along really well together


They have become partners in crime as this was what we came home soon after bringing Lexus home lovely huh?


They have both adjusted well to having a baby in the house. Which I'm sure my in-laws are happy about cause that's where they would have probably gone if they couldn't adjust. Lexus gets up with me and waits with us in the living room while Ian has a bottle. If Ian is sleeping in the bassinet and he starts to cry they will go and check on him. It is really quite cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment