Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Test 1

Yesterday I had my 1st multi-tasking test out in public w/Ian and super busy day of accomplishing things.
To-Do List
-workout
-shower
-laundry
-grocery store
-car seat fitting w/my mom
-take Kota Dog to get a manicure and get dog food
-take Ian to meet his Great Uncle and Aunt

Knowing what I needed to get done and being lucky that Ian has maintained the same schedule for the past 2wks, I was able to plan out our day. I knew I had to be at the fire station at 11 to meet with Jay and my mom so he could walk my mom through car seat 101 (thanks Jay). I looked over our grocery list and decided I could go to the store before going to the St so I planned on heading out the door around 10, I was taking a chance as Ian is on a every 4hr feeding schedule and e last ate at 6 so I pack a bottle and head out the door. We don't even make it to the store before the squealing begins. Once in the store I head to the deli area to get a cup of hot water to heat up his bottle. Once heated I take a look at my watch it is 10:20, I've got 40min to complete the shopping and get the St. so I give him his bottle and start pushing with 1 hand and holding the bottle with the over and stop every once and while to pick items on the list. We run into 2 people that we know that needed to ooo and aaahhh over Ian with my eyes on the list, his bottle and my watch we continue 1 handed shopping. We get to the checkout lane and I take Ian out of his car seat burp him and put back in, pay the groceries get our drive-up ticket number and head out to the car. It is 10:56 I did it!! I feed Ian, completed grocery shopping and will be to the station within 4min. I marked that trip as a success, thank goodness it's winter and the groceries could stay out in the car. We completed everything on our to-do list, Ian was such a trooper.

The next to-do list is growing for my next day off...I give mommies who work full time a lot of credit not sure how you do it all.

1 comment: