Tuesday, February 2, 2010

would you ever??

Would you ever let the Today Show or any show tape and air your labor and delivery?? This morning on the Today Show they showed a delivery live now it was a c-section so if it was me and it was a c-section I would like to say I wouldn't care, but knowing me I would. Now if we're talking a vaginal delivery I would consider it for oh about 2seconds and say no. I didn't even allow any family in my room my thoughts on this were that only those that were in the room at conception should be in the room for the delivery aside from the medical professionals. Luckily both parents felt the same way and seeing as though we went into the hospital at 7p and without knowing how things would progress we didn't see any point in having any family at the hospital at all, which impressed our nurses. Now if I was asked while having a contraction I probably wouldn't care who was there which when it came time to push people were walking in and out of the room and phones were ringing it was crazy it was shift change. Luckily that was while I was pushing and when I came closer to actually seeing our lil guy the commotion stopped and we got to our moment. Heck I declined to do an interview for our local TV station on having a New Years Eve baby so as much as I would like to think I would allow my L&D to be aired on TV I wouldn't. Would you??

3 comments:

  1. Heck no!!! I did have my mom and husband both in the room as well as the Dr. and about 4 nurses, but that was it. They asked me if I minded students standing in to observe and I about smacked somebody. I know birth is a natural thing, but I'd prefer if the entire world didn't see my vagina. I just don't get the women that let themselves be recorded for birthing videos. Definitely not me!!!! Even if they didn't show the goodies, my face alone was enough to scare somebody. I was pushing so hard to get Carter out that my eyes swelled shut. Not a pretty pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um NO NO NO NO NO. Can I make that bigger and bolder? Apparently my having a biracial baby caused a HUGE stir, you'd think this was common by now. Anyway every nurse and her mother wanted to see Gooner. Thankfully Q stood up and said SIX nurses was enough, thank you no, while I was pushing I didn't need anymore. STAY AWAY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely not! I like just having my hubby in the room by my side. It's our miracles we've made and I love just sharing the special time with him :) And I had a c-section and believe me it's not pretty from my view (they put up a mirror when Madison was born-really cool) and I'm behind a curtain so I can't believe someone would ever want to show that on national tv. I bet you they get a show on TLC now! LOL

    ReplyDelete