Saturday, February 6, 2010

reality

Reality is about to set in. Monday is quickly approaching which means I'm entering back into the working world...boo. I'm not a big fan of un-fun (is that a word? oh i don't care it is now) change. Let me explain having a baby = fun, exciting change, going back to work after baby = un-fun change. I already can see how Monday is going to go. I will be asked "How is Ian doing?" roughly 125 times in a matter of 8hrs which if you do the math means I will be asked that question 15x in 1 hour (sounds like fun huh?) I really do appreciate their concern for him and our family it will just be hard because he won't be with me. And good golly if I talk about him too much we could end up with a leaky mess on our hands those bra pad thingies can only handle so much liquid. I'm sure I will be telling our labor and delivery story a few hundred times (I would direct them here but come on I gotta have someplace to vent about work) and what goes on. I am looking forward to seeing some of my favorite members (it's true I have favorites and I don't care).

Back ground on what I do. I manage 2 Curves facilities 1 in South Bend (north side) and 1 in Elkhart. Curves a facility specially designed for women featuring a 30min workout that is fun, fast and safe. I've been with the company for 6yrs, in August it will be 7yrs. We have members ranging in ages between 20-90. As with any job there are pros and cons. Do I love my job NO, am i passionate about it i would like to say NO, but my parents have a instilled a work ethic into me and because of that I can't half-ass my way through my duties, I go bed at night thinking of ways to grow the business, the majority of my shower thoughts are about work. I went into work to play catch-up a week and half after giving birth. Why because I care about the business and I need a job and if I didn't I would have to live there for a week if not longer to catch up and fix all the errors that people created because they were too lazy to call someone and find out the right way to do it. I find some employees to be frustrating and a waste of my time. And this thought comes to mind: If you have to have a job, why wouldn't you actually try to do it well? Why is complacency good enough for some people and so completely unacceptable for me? Doing things the right way has become a curse......

I'm gonna try not to give this subject anymore of my time for the rest of the weekend. And hopefully I don't have too many posts that fall into this label.

No comments:

Post a Comment