Sunday, February 21, 2010

sweating and overcoming

For the last 3.5wks I have been sweating it out with Ms Jillian Micheals as we banish my fat and boost my metabolism. I am seeing results, when I went back to work I had 1 of the girls measure me and aside from being up 3/4" in my abdomen and a 1/4"in my bust (I am breast feeding so that was expected) everything else was less including my weight than it was last February which was a huge surprise to me. I'll be anxious for my next weigh-in in a couple of weeks to see what other improvements have occurred.

Since returning to work I only workout with Jillian 3x a week and do a strength training/cardio circuit 6x a week (I workout 2x a day 3x a week when at work which is where my 6 comes from in case you needed explanation). Once the weather improves meaning the chances of ice being present on my route and the temps being warm enough to take Ian with me I will be able to hit the road and get some miles on my shoes and on our jogging stroller 3x a week. Now if I didn't have a the fear of falling on ice while running then I would be out there right now. I have some pretty weak ankles thanks to my first sprain occurring at the tender age of 5. I was dared to go up and down the stairs on 1 leg by my sister and a friend of hers. Ever since then I have rolled and sprained my ankles a dozen of times. Hence my fear of falling/slipping what not. I have areas in my route when the weather is beautiful (no snow and decent temperatures) where I exceed great caution as they would be great areas to have an injury. I can only imagine the caution I would take if I was out there right now picture a person in their running attire basically crawling past those areas. Pretty picture huh?? I'm anxious to get out there and run the last time I ran was Thanksgiving weekend. I also have a fear of treadmills, my fear there developed after blacking out on one and apparently rolling to floor, all I know is that I came to while on the floor with my head resting against a curl bar. Although no injuries were had during that incident I still have a fear of it happening again.

This week however I may become brave and overcome my fear and hit the road for a few miles depending on the weather and schedules of those who would be available to watch the lil man for 30-45min. Now if we had an indoor track available to the public that allows strollers well then you could count me in. Well see what the week brings and if I'm able to hit the road for my first run of 2010. Wish me luck, the half marathon will be here before we know it and I need to be ready.

1 comment:

  1. Ash - you work out to much. You will do great in the marathon.

    ReplyDelete